QR Code Link to This Post
This position will perform routine maintenance and repair work on vehicles (buses, vans etc.) which adheres to Transdev standards. This may include but is not limited to tire maintenance, fulfilling service calls for repair, conducting visual inspections of vehicles and related work as assigned. Performs work under direct supervision. Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. All work is performed with a commitment to safety.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by performing limited repairs with minimal supervision on basic maintenance such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses, lenses, wiper blades, belts, hoses, batteries, check fluid levels, change fluids and filters and lubricate components
- Assist Tech II or III with preventative maintenance (PM’s), safety maintenance inspections and annual maintenance inspections at prescribed intervals of time and usage
- Assist in the performance of mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed on vehicles including parts and supplies used. Ensure that work orders are completed properly and accurately
- Diagnoses and performs accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under direct supervision.
- Evaluates completed work prior to release and seeks approval where required
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Adhere to Transdev standards, policies and procedures
- Cleans vehicles as requested or required
- Other responsibility as requested or required
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair (preferred)
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement required (or expected within 3 months of hire)
- ASE Certification preferred. Must participate in ASE testing program within 1 year (expected to have 1 ASE within 24 months of hire)
Minimum Experience & Skills Required:
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 0-1 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred) or equivalent education and experience
- Adhere to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic problem-solving ability
- Basic computer skills
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Good customer service skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Maintain an organized shop and clean work environment
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Possess basic mechanic hand tools with at least enough tools to perform job requirements
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Maintenance Shop environment with dust, dirt and grease conditions
- Ability to work under all weather conditions
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a crouched position or on back, lying on mechanic’s creeper, beneath motor vehicle equipment.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.